Monkstown Park Junior School is a Roman Catholic school which is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence in an environment that nourishes character development. We provide a welcome and inclusive climate for all our pupils and their families within our Catholic and caring ethos.
By enrolling in the school, both parents/guardians and their sons, commit themselves to supporting the ethos of the college with regard to our identity as an independent Catholic Primary School.
The school also considers applicants from other faiths on the understanding that such applicants are willing to support the ethos of the College.
At the heart of the Monkstown Park Junior School experience is the Edmund Rice Schools Trust Charter. This Charter invites students to take responsibility for their school and their learning.
There are five key elements in the Charter and these underpin and characterise Monkstown Park Junior School:
- Keeping the Faith alive (Nurturing faith, Christian spirituality and Gospel based values)
- Working together (Uniting our school community,promoting partnership)
- Driven in our education (Excelling in teaching and learning)
- Making caring relationships (Looking after ourselves and others, creating a caring school community)
- Being inspirational people (Inspiring transformational leadership)
Applications to enter Monkstown Park Junior School should be made, in writing, to the Principal.
Alternatively, an application form may be found and downloaded here.
The application form will request personal details including:
- Name and address of boy and parents/guardians
- Date of birth
- Contact telephone numbers/e-mail addresses
- Details of any medical/psychological condition
- Previous schools attended
- Parent's occupation(s)
A copy of a recent school report and reference will be requested (where a boy is transferring from another school) along with any other relevant information.
It is recommended that a boy entering Junior Infants in the School should be aged 4 years on or before April 1st in the year of entry.
Pupils are expected to adhere to our code of conduct and attendance policy.
Order of Priority of Admission
- Brothers of existing and past pupils.
- Sons of past pupils.
- Sons of teaching and non teaching staff who have at least one year's service in the school.
- The school reserves the right to allocate a limited number of places to applicants on grounds of compassion, or under special circumstances.
- Allocation of remaining places will be prioritised on the basis of application date.
For categories 1, 2 and 3 above, the application to enter must be made to the Principal in the manner outlined above at least 12 months before the date of entry for the order of priority to apply.
Applications from pupils attending other schools and wishing to transfer to Monkstown Park Junior School will be considered subject to the availability of a place. Information concerning the pupil's educational progress to date and the reasons for the proposed transfer will be required- see above. The School reserves the right to refuse admission to pupils seeking to transfer from other schools.
Normally, Monkstown Park Junior School students are automatically offered a place in CBC Senior School.
Parents and prospective pupils are welcome to come and visit the school, to meet the Principal and see the school in action.
Appeals Procedure in the event of Refusal of Admission
The Principal has the right to refuse admission to the school. parents who have been refused admission
for their son may appeal the decision in writing to the Principal who will forward any such appeal to the Board of management for consideration. The Board will consider such an appeal following which the decision of the Board will be communicated to the parents.